Sunday, November 23, 2008

Coldplay!!!

Yesterday turned out to be one of the best days i've had in a very long time. It all started with my adventure with Erin to Market Street Oyster Bar... for some reason she thought it was west and not east .... so we took a little stroll around the west side of salt lake city which was interesting. We then figured out that we needed to go east so we ended up probably walking a mile just to get to the restaurant which was really only 2 blocks east from the car... hilarious. So we relaxed with a bottle of wine, artichoke, spinach and crab dip and Erin had her oysters... i can't knock them til i try them! Which i did not. I then had some crab cakes. :) I loooove crab cakes. We also had a slice of triple chocolate cake. It was delicious! By the time we had drank the bottle of wine we were feeling pretty good. It was a great dinner...a bit expensive but worth every penny. We then proceeded to make our way to the ESA where the concert was. The first band was Sleepercar which made me want to sleep unfortunately but they were alright and we only caught 2 of their songs which was fine by me. They then brought on a DJ which was alright. I know Erin wasn't impressed and was annoyed but i thought it was alright. Then... the show began.

Setlist:

Life In Technicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Speed Of Sound
Cemeteries Of London
Chinese Sleep Chant
42
Fix You
Strawberry Swing
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)
Talk (techno version)
The Hardest Part (Chris - piano instrumental)
Postcards From Far Away (Chris - piano instrumental)
Viva La Vida
Lost!
The Scientist (acoustic)
Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)
Viva La Vida (remix interlude)
------
Politik
Lovers In Japan
Death And All His Friends
-------
Yellow
The Escapist (outro)

I had a smile on my face from the very first note to the time i walked out of the ESA. Wow it was amazing! The energy was very intense and perfect for every song they played. I love watching musicians play the piano and sing, it just shows how talented they really are. I wish i could have shared this experience with all of my friends because it was a wondeful experience for me that just made me so happy. I loved the feeling of happiness i felt the whole time. I think Erin really enjoyed herself as well. :) Then it was off to Port-O-Call for a couple drinks and chillen for a bit, then homeward bound. A perfect night i must say. (except i forgot my camera.... but i still remember it all!)

No comments: