First of all, I'd like to thank Mary Cowan and my sis for letting me tag along to Long Beach, CA. I am exhausted though. Mary is lucky she gets to relax a bit in San Diego! So jealous. So we flew out early last Thursday and arrived in Long Beach around 8am ish. The coolest thing i've ever seen in my life... soaring above the clouds and the clouds looked like whipped egg whites that went for miles! Here n there it would look like an explosion! (I wish i had my camera... but no it is broken ...sad face) I must say that the Long Beach airport is awesome. So simple! I love that baggage claim is outside! On our way to the Westin hotel we took the scenic route...aka the rental car guy told us the wrong directions. So we went to the end of Ocean Ave and saw the beach...didn't get to put my toes in the sand tho :( So we arrive to our hotel to meet Mary's friend little Ann, that's what i'm calling her because she is what i like to call "fun sized"...lol...then started our adventure up to Yorba Linda which is the Riverside area. Had to go grab the boxes we shipped to a quilt shop. Got lost but hey... it happens when you don't know where you're going! It all worked out. Gotta love those California freeways tho... not. Anywho...so we finally get back to LB and start setting up and the show starts for preview night. 4 hours of preview and we did alright that night. I was very tired by the time we went to dinner. Rock Bottom is a great place and i'd like to go back one day. Their toquitos were HUGE...and yummy. We went to dinner with the ladies from Lizzie B Cre8tive. They are very talented ladies! I like their stuff a lot. Traditional is gorgeous and makes me feel at home but i'm a little more modern and like the whimsy stuff and modern. The next two days were fun and i learned a lot! Helped Mary sell a quilt or two. One thing aboult quilts...they are a one of a kind. I like that. So much work goes into them and i now have an appreciation for them and the work that it takes! Maybe one day i'll make one. We did meet up with Mary's husband Scott, their son Ben and daughter Melissa and went to dinner at Parkers Lighthouse on the pier. That's where the above picture is from. Ate some really great clam chowder (or shouwder as the frenchies would say...hah..) and froze but it was great! Yummy stuff. Mary's kids are so well behaved. I love that. I got along with them so well. Ben is a sweetheart and Lissy cracks me up! Oh... one thing that i just love...Raspberry sunshine muffins from Starbucks. To. Die. For. Yum! Sunday we set up and helped for a while but it was super slow. Then we were able to go to the acquarium and take the kiddos. That was fun!
I just love animals and all that stuff so it's interesting and makes me smile. There's something about watching animals that makes us feel good. They are so free and intersting to watch. I wish i would have gotten a pic of the shark coming up to the glass and showing us his bling...aka his teeth! They were awesome. It was like he was smiling for us. :) We saw the sting rays as well.


Then the horrible walk back to the hotel then to the show...soooooo humid! We froze our butts off in the convention center while it was hot! hot! hot! outside! We then said goodbye to Mary and the fam and was on our way to the airport. In the car... a small terrifying spider tormented me the whole way to the airport! I usually don't freak out that bad but i flipped...lol I hadn't seen a spidey like this one before so it freaked me out. What if it jumped?! eek! I was crackin lindsey up tho... she got a kick out of it but yelled at me a little to kill it. I called it SPIDEZILLA! hah! I tried to kill it but it didn't work... or did it? I'm not sure. Eventually i got out of the car and was no longer being tormented. We got into the airport, checked in and was walking to the elevator and ran into Ms. Katie Ramsey...odd seeing her there... I shall zip my lips on this one. The LB airport is soooo cool. It's most definately vintage! So we headed to the restaurant to watch the planes take off and have some din din and drinks. Talked to a guy for a while and the bartender about soccer n the lifestyle of the SLC. People are so ignorant when it comes to Utah. It's really a great place and not much different! Well we go through security (5 minutes baby... yeah!) go to our gate and we're a bit early but timed it right. But....... then they tell us they have to switch out planes and it would be another 45 minutes. Ugh. By this time i'm just exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open. I guess i don't travel well. (can't wait for my 15 hour day of traveling to St Thomas... maybe they should just ship me in a coffin...lol jk. ) So we then board our plane and get going and the sunset was the prettiest sunset i've ever seen. Bright orange, pink, purple and red stripes. So cool! The further away we got it looked like california was on fire. So to make a long story short ... i got home at midnight. I'm exhausted!!!!
Thank you Mary and Lindsey...it was a great time! Quilting is more than what it seems. I love it and hope that i will have more adventures with Mary's Cottage Quilts!
I just love animals and all that stuff so it's interesting and makes me smile. There's something about watching animals that makes us feel good. They are so free and intersting to watch. I wish i would have gotten a pic of the shark coming up to the glass and showing us his bling...aka his teeth! They were awesome. It was like he was smiling for us. :) We saw the sting rays as well.


Then the horrible walk back to the hotel then to the show...soooooo humid! We froze our butts off in the convention center while it was hot! hot! hot! outside! We then said goodbye to Mary and the fam and was on our way to the airport. In the car... a small terrifying spider tormented me the whole way to the airport! I usually don't freak out that bad but i flipped...lol I hadn't seen a spidey like this one before so it freaked me out. What if it jumped?! eek! I was crackin lindsey up tho... she got a kick out of it but yelled at me a little to kill it. I called it SPIDEZILLA! hah! I tried to kill it but it didn't work... or did it? I'm not sure. Eventually i got out of the car and was no longer being tormented. We got into the airport, checked in and was walking to the elevator and ran into Ms. Katie Ramsey...odd seeing her there... I shall zip my lips on this one. The LB airport is soooo cool. It's most definately vintage! So we headed to the restaurant to watch the planes take off and have some din din and drinks. Talked to a guy for a while and the bartender about soccer n the lifestyle of the SLC. People are so ignorant when it comes to Utah. It's really a great place and not much different! Well we go through security (5 minutes baby... yeah!) go to our gate and we're a bit early but timed it right. But....... then they tell us they have to switch out planes and it would be another 45 minutes. Ugh. By this time i'm just exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open. I guess i don't travel well. (can't wait for my 15 hour day of traveling to St Thomas... maybe they should just ship me in a coffin...lol jk. ) So we then board our plane and get going and the sunset was the prettiest sunset i've ever seen. Bright orange, pink, purple and red stripes. So cool! The further away we got it looked like california was on fire. So to make a long story short ... i got home at midnight. I'm exhausted!!!!
Thank you Mary and Lindsey...it was a great time! Quilting is more than what it seems. I love it and hope that i will have more adventures with Mary's Cottage Quilts!


No comments:
Post a Comment