Tuesday, April 20, 2010

College Bound...Uh oh!

Today I applied for college at the community college here in SLC. I'm excited but scared. I'd be getting an Associates of Applied Science in Marketing Management and eventually get my certificate in Event Planning. Hopefully it will all work out! To be honest...I think i'm more scared than anything. I'm scared that I won't have money for books, I won't be able to be creative with papers, I tend to get lazy sometimes and I don't want to. I want to give it my all and go for it. I honestly never thought i'd go back to school. I was fine with having the education I have but I have realized to make myself happy and do the things that I want to do in my life. Who knows where it will take me! :)

I wanted to go to Paul Mitchell The School but it just won't work for me and I think I liked the idea of cosmetology. The freedom of it seems awesome... that's what was so enticing to me. The hours of school would just kill me though and one day it hit me, i didn't want to do that anyway! So I think SLCC would work better with my schedule.

So... nothing else really going on in my life. I have just been working, hanging with family and spending a lot of time thinking about my future. I miss my friends...I don't see them much anymore. Most of the time I am alone at home watching tv ...it's very bland and i'm soooooo lazy some days. Things will change once I start school. AND... can't forget the nice weather! Yay for sunshine! I have needed some vitamin D :) I got some when I went to Moab will my family a couple weeks ago. That was fun and nice to spend some time with them. I can't wait for my family reunion the end of May. My 27th birthday is coming up... dun dun dun. That weekend is going to be crazy. My birthday weekend, my friend Tanya graduates and it is my cousin's due date for her baby! We're all connected so it could turn out to be a bit crazy... I really hope she has it before Tanya's graduation and for Mother's Day. That would be awesome. Otherwise...it may only be Whit and I at her graduation! We're getting a hotel, going to dinner and then going out for a night on the town ... so excited! My grandma's house is done and she has moved in. I'm excited for her and I hope she enjoys it. The house being renovated I think has helped her get over the loss the of grandpa. The house still has so many memories...you can't take those away from me. :) I love you grandpa! Miss you.

XOXO

No comments: