Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello 27

I just wanted to say that my 27th birthday was a bit of a whirlwind and not in a bad way. It was a good one and i'm happy to have spent it with the people I was able to spend it with. I have a feeling that this year is going to be amazing and it will be fun. It's amazing how much you think you know when you're young and when you get older...things start to make sense. I know we're all here to fulfill our own purpose and only I can fulfill mine. There's a song by Incubus that I never really thought anything of until today as I was listening to it. This has happened to me lately with a lot of songs that I have loved for so many years and never really understood it until now.

It goes a little something like this:


Lyrics | Incubus Lyrics | Nowhere Fast Lyrics

It makes me wonder if I will know when i'm there. I guess we shall see. I told a friend last night something that I believe in very much now that I accept my life for what it is. I said, "everything that has happened in your life happened for a reason and has made you who you are today." I may not like everything that has happened in my life and the choices i've made, but they really have made me who I am today and I happen to really love who I am and am so proud of where I am today. Sure I wish that I could have more to life and be a bit further along but this is the journey that was chosen for me. I just gotta enjoy the journey and not worry about the destination.

No comments: